New York City has the world’s largest fleet of buses, with 4,373 public buses serving 666 million people per year. Private bus companies also provide transportation to and from NYC. Like other vehicles, buses are sometimes involved in accidents causing serious injuries.
If you have been hurt in a bus accident, contact Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C. as soon as possible. We provide high-quality legal representation for injured people in Manhattan and New York City.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- We maintain a low case volume, which allows us to provide personal service to every client we represent.
- Our lawyers have more than 10 years of experience representing clients in NYC.
- We handle all bus accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means there is no cost to you unless we win.
Bus Accident Statistics
As stated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA):
- 227 buses were involved in fatal traffic crashes in 2016
- 264 people were killed in bus accidents
- 16,000 buses were involved in injury crashes
- 15,000 injury crashes involving buses occurred
- 35,000 people were injured in bus accidents
- 40 bus occupants died in traffic crashes
Who Is Liable in a Bus Accident?
Like other motor vehicle crashes, bus accidents are often caused by carelessness or negligence. In a bus accident, what party is financially responsible will depend on the circumstance and what caused the accident. The responsible party may be:
- Bus driver: A bus driver who was speeding, driving distracted, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or otherwise negligent may be responsible for injuries sustained in a bus accident.
- Bus company: Bus companies are required to comply with government regulations, employ qualified drivers, and properly maintain their buses. When they fail to do so, they may be held liable for resulting accidents and injuries.
- Other motorists: Any negligent driver who causes an accident with a bus may be held liable for injuries resulting from the accident.
Do You Need a Lawyer after a Bus Accident?
If you have been injured in a bus accident, it is in your best interests to have an experienced personal injury attorney by your side. Bus accidents can be complex cases with multiple potentially responsible parties. Our attorneys have the skills, experience, and resources to investigate the accident, determine the responsible parties, assess your losses, and pursue fair compensation on your behalf. We will not settle your case for less than fair value and take your case to trial if necessary.
Compensation for Bus Accident Victims
Thousands of people are injured, and hundreds are killed in bus crashes every year in the U.S. If you or your loved one has been hurt in a bus accident caused by the negligence of another, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for your injuries. Damages you may be entitled to claim may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
Contact Our Office Today
At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C., we are dedicated advocates for injured people in Manhattan and NYC. Our attorneys have extensive experience protecting the rights of our clients and holding responsible parties accountable. If you have been hurt in a bus accident, call us today to schedule a consultation. We can tell you if you have a case and what damages you may be entitled to claim.