Chinatown Car Accident Lawyer
So, you’ve been involved in a car accident and don’t know what to do? A car accident can be overwhelming because it can upset your entire life. You need to hire an NYC car accident attorney that knows the ins and outs of car accident personal injury lawsuits. At the law offices of Michael Redenburg, we have successfully handled car accident lawsuits for years. We know what it takes to build you the strongest case to get you the best settlement. An experienced Chinatown car accident lawyer will know how to guide you through your case. Don’t wait another minute to hire experienced legal representation. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.
Car accidents case can be won with the right representation
Having a car accident in New York is very common. If you think about the number of tourists and residents on the roadways, that a significant number of people. Many drivers are reckless because they are focused on getting where they need to go as soon as possible. They are more concerned about their schedule than your safety. Even if you are driving defensively you could still find yourself in a car accident. Once an accident occurs, many victims don’t know the proper steps to take. We know that this can be stressful, and we’re here to help.
What are the driving conditions in Chinatown?
New York City is one of the busiest cities in the country and provides many more opportunities for accidents. Last year, the New York City Police Department reported that over 19,000 car accidents occurred in the month of November. This statistic shows you that the odds are high that you might have an accident. A fifth of these accidents occurred due to drivers not paying attention on the road. We live in a time where people are not only on their phones while driving, but they’re also texting while driving. Some experts suggest that texting while driving is just as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. With people driving around on their cell phones, the risk to have an accident is even higher. These are some of the many factors that affect the driving environment in Chinatown.
Accidents could easily be prevented if drivers would just focus on their driving. With the number of distracted drivers in Chinatown, we know that many of these accidents could have been prevented. You don’t deserve to live a lower quality of life because someone on their cell phone caused your car accident. We want to research your case and go after the parties that are responsible. You deserve to receive fair compensation for any of the injuries and damages that you have sustained in your accident.
What are some of the causes of car accidents?
- Distracted Driving: As we mentioned above, distracted driving makes up a large percentage of car accidents. If a driver is focused on something else, instead of driving, they are distracted driving. Some of the most common instances of distracted driving are people on their cell phones, eating behind the wheel, or putting on makeup.
- DUI Driving: Another major cause of car accidents are people driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. When someone is intoxicated behind the wheel they don’t drive safely. Many people are also killed in DUI accidents annually. These are complex cases that require an experienced Chinatown car accident attorney.
- Reckless Driving: People are always in a hurry to get to their destination, which means they drive too fast for conditions. They speed when the weather is bad, or some drivers follow too closely when they are in traffic.
What do I do after I have been in an accident?
Accidents can be overwhelming, so what do you do once you’ve been involved in one? Below, we list some of the steps you should take after you’ve been in an accident.
- Make sure everyone is ok: First, you need to make sure that everyone involved in the accident is ok. You should check everyone in your car, and then check the other parties involved if it’s safe to do so.
- Call 911/Police: Next, you need to call 911 for any injuries. If everyone in the accident is ok, then you can call the police station to dispatch an officer. You need a police officer on the scene to fill out an official police report. Your insurance company and NYC car accident lawyer will want to see the report while handling your case.
- Get information from witnesses: In most car accidents, it will be your word versus the word of other involved parties. A witness can help you strengthen your case. Make sure that you get the information of as many witnesses as you can so you can get statements at a later date.
- Take pictures of the scene: Almost everyone has a phone on them with a camera, so you should use it. Take pictures of the damage, intersection, and note any weather conditions.
- Go seek medical attention: Even if you don’t feel like you are injured, you need to go see a doctor anyway. Especially with the risk of injuries presenting themselves at a later date. It’s harder to prove that injuries were a result of your accident if you don’t get checked out by a medical professional following the incident.
- Hire a car accident attorney: This is one of the most important steps after your car accident. You interview and hire a NYC car accident attorney immediately. It can take a while to build a case and gather evidence, so the sooner you contact a Chinatown car accident attorney the better.
We know that the last thing on your mind will be following these steps after an accident. It’s ok if you miss some steps, but it is better to have more information to strengthen your case. Your NYC car accident attorney can help you with your personal injury lawsuit even if you didn’t complete any of the steps on our list.
What are some of the risks with a car accident?
There are many damages that you might be unaware of with your car accident. Initially, you know that you have injuries and property damage. However, if your injury has lifelong complications, you need compensation for these future medical bills. What you thought was only a few hundred dollars in medical bills could end up totaling thousands.
Also, with most car accidents you are out of work. If you are seriously injured you could be out of work for months. For those victims that are the sole breadwinners for their families, this can be terrifying. Without hiring a car accident attorney, you’re putting your financial future and family at risk. You need a settlement that will cover all of your injuries, damages, and losses.
Finally, you could have emotional issues as a result of your accident. A lot of victims have PTSD from their car accidents, especially if the accident is serious. Although you can’t physically prove these injuries, they still exist. You need a car accident attorney that can fight for compensation for all your injuries.
Don’t risk your settlement on a subpar car accident attorney
Michael J. Redenburg Esq. P.C. knows how difficult car accident cases can be, and he’s eager to help you with yours. You need a car accident attorney that has years of experience handling car accident personal injury lawsuits. We will talk to insurance companies, gather evidence, build your case, and fight for an appropriate settlement. If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident, contact us today to set up an appointment.