Manhattan Car Accident Lawyer
Manhattan Car Accident Lawyer
Whether you are a resident of New York City or a tourist, you know that the traffic in our city is constant. There is a reason that they say our city never sleeps, and you can witness people traveling at any hour of the day. Michael Redenburg is an experienced Manhattan car accident lawyer because he has many years of experience representing clients. Every day many people are involved in accidents all over our city. If you have been a victim of one of these incidents you need help. Hire a professional that can represent you and get you the settlement that you deserve.
Top causes of automobile accidents in New York City
Just like any car accident, the main reason that these collisions occur is due to negligence. When you drive a car, you’re responsible for avoiding an accident at all costs. You’re supposed to be watching out for your own safety as well as the safety of your fellow travelers on the road. Within Manhattan, there is an influx of traffic all the time, including delivery trucks and pedestrians entering the road. You must drive defensively, or it is easy to be involved in a fender bender. Some of the main causes of negligence that we’ve seen are drivers:
Talking or using cell phones while they are driving.
- Eating while driving.
- Driving too fast for conditions.
- Not following rules of the road, including not paying attention to signage.
- They are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Driving while tired.
- Driving vehicles that are not safe for the road.
- And more.
Many accidents that occur in Manhattan could have been avoided if people were driving more responsibly. When you’re behind the wheel of a car, you’re operating thousands of pounds of metal on the road. Accidents can range from mild to severe, and we’ve handled accidents of all types. If you have been a victim of a car accident in Manhattan, contact us today to discuss your options.
Types of car accidents
Car accidents can occur in many different ways, but we have seen a theme with some collisions. Although most car accidents do feel scary initially, some result in catastrophic injuries. Knowing how your accident occurred will help us determine who is at fault. Some of the most common types of car accidents we represent are:
- Rear-end accidents: This occurs when one vehicle crashes into the rear of another. In this situation, the person causing the collision from the rear is usually at fault. However, if you can prove that the person you ran into didn’t have working brake lights, they could be at fault. We research both of these hypothetical situations thoroughly to figure out who is responsible.
- Head-on collision: This is an accident that results in serious injuries. A head-on collision can occur when a driver crosses the center line or divider, or if someone is driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
- T-bone crash: Typically, this crash occurs with cars being struck in an intersection. The fault of this accident generally lies with the driver not obeying the traffic light or signage of the intersection.
- Sideswipe accident: When driving down the road and a car strikes the side of your car, you have been involved in this type of accident. Many drivers will run off the road as a result of this accident. In fact, some cars will roll when they leave the road, which can cause serious injuries.
What is no-fault insurance?
New York is one of the few states in the country that is a no-fault state. So, if you are involved in an accident, even if you are at fault, you can still have your medical bills paid. Insurance policies in Manhattan specifically cover accidents, regardless of who is at fault. Initially, you will seek to have your medical bills paid through your own insurance coverage. If you suffer non-economic damages you will need to initiate an action against the other parties involved in the accident.
You might think that insurance companies will give you a nice settlement, but this just isn’t the case. Insurance companies don’t value loyalty or paying your bills on time. Instead, they see you as a number and they want to settle with you for as little as possible and will low-ball you. You need someone that is going to represent your interests while you are recovering. We have significant experience negotiating with insurance companies and know how they operate, as attorney Michael Redenburg began his career defending clients of the insurance companies, so we know how to handle your claim.
It’s time to get you the compensation that you deserve
It’s never too soon to start building your case. If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Manhattan we would love to handle your claim. You need professional representation that can help guide you through the process. Contact us today to set up your appointment.
As stated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motor vehicle accidents killed 35,485 people and injured 2,443,000 more in a recent year. Our experienced personal injury attorneys at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C. serve Manhattan and New York City, representing people injured in car accidents. Contact us if you have been hurt in a crash caused by someone else’s negligence.
Why Choose Us?
- Our attorneys have more than a decade of experience representing clients in NYC.
- We handle all car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means there is no cost to you unless we win your case.
- We are committed to protecting your best interests and will not settle your case for less than fair value.
Car Accidents Statistics
According to NHSTA, every day in the U.S.:
- 97 people were killed in traffic crashes
- 6,693 people were injured
- 15 pedestrians were killed and 192 were injured
- 28 alcohol-impaired driving fatalities occurred
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Traffic crashes occur for a variety of reasons, including hazardous weather conditions, dangerous roadways, and driver error. The following are some of the most common causes of car accidents.
The NHTSA reports that distracted driving caused 3,450 fatal accidents in 2016 alone. Distracted driving is any activity that takes the driver’s attention away from driving. Texting is a common form of driver distraction, but this can also involve actions such as eating while driving, listening to music, or even talking with friends.
Speeding is a form of aggressive driving and a leading cause of road accidents and fatal injuries in the U.S. The faster a vehicle is traveling, the longer it takes to slow down, the more distance is required to stop, and the greater the force of impact in a collision.
NHTSA reports that there were 10,497 alcohol-impaired road crash fatalities in 2016, representing a fatality rate of .33 per 100 million vehicle miles traveled. Of the drivers involved in fatal crashes in 2016, a BAC of .08% or higher was found in:
- 21% of passenger car drivers;
- 20% of drivers of light trucks;
- 25% of motorcyclists; and
- 2% of drivers of large trucks.
Also known as “road rage,” aggressive driving behaviors put the driver, passengers, and other motorists on the road at risk. It may involve speeding, tailgating, weaving recklessly in and out of traffic, failure to yield the right-of-way, and disregarding traffic signs and signals.
Do You Need a Lawyer after a Car Accident?
If you have been injured in a traffic crash in Manhattan or New York City, our experienced car accident attorneys can help protect your rights and fight for the compensation you are entitled to receive. We have the knowledge, experience, and resources to thoroughly investigate your accident to determine cause and liability, assess the full extent of your injuries, negotiate skillfully on your behalf for a fair settlement, and take your case to trial if necessary.
Get in Touch with Our Firm Today
At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C., we maintain a low case volume, so we can provide personal service to every client we represent. Call us to schedule a consultation if you or your loved one has been hurt in a car accident.