Murray Hill Car Accident Lawyer
You’ve suffered injuries in a car accident and now you don’t know what to do. It’s ok, you’re not alone. Hundreds of people are in car accidents all across New York City every day. In fact, hundreds of thousands of people are in car accidents every year. It makes sense when you think about the number of drivers we have on the road at any given time. New York City is one of the busiest cities in the world, and our car accidents reflect that. Michael Redenburg is a Murray Hill car accident lawyer that has represented clients all over the city. He concentrates in car accident cases and can successfully handle yours.
Many people wonder whether they should hire a car accident lawyer after their car accident. If you have suffered injuries and damage as a result of the accident, you should at least have a meeting with a Murray Hill car accident attorney. We’re the only ones that care about whether your medical bills are going to get paid. Hiring an NYC car accident attorney improves your chances of having a larger settlement. Don’t risk your compensation by handling your case on your own, or by hiring an inexperienced Murray Hill car accident attorney. Contact us today to set up your free consultation.
We will stand up to insurance companies for you!
You might think that the insurance company is your friend, but it’s not. Victims get confused because they feel like the insurance company represents them. No, an insurance company represents its own interest. An insurance company is going to be focused on their bottom line versus the needs of the victim. Companies pay attention to their numbers, and you wouldn’t expect anything less from a business.
When your accident is reported to the insurance company, an adjuster may contact you.. This person is tasked with reviewing your accident and comparing the details of your accident to other settlements in the past. They want to come up with a number that they feel is an appropriate settlement. So, before you even talk to the adjuster, they already have their number in mind. This is why you need a Murray Hill car accident attorney.
Your car accident lawyer will talk to insurance companies for you. Michael Redenburg handles many car accident cases so he knows what appropriate settlements look like. He will talk to your insurance company, as well as any other parties that are involved in your accident. When you hire legal representation, you’re investing in your future. If you want to get the best settlement possible, hiring a NYC car accident attorney is your first step.
What types of injuries do you see?
Car accidents cause injuries, that’s almost a no brainer. So many of our clients to come to our office with minor to severe injuries. When you consider that cars are thousands of pounds of metal traveling at high speed, it makes sense that accidents cause so much damage. Some of the most common types of car accident injuries are:
- Whiplash: This occurs when ligament, muscle and tendon injuries happen from a car accident. Once you are in an accident, your car comes to an abrupt stop in the impact and your body keeps moving. Wearing a seatbelt helps keep you in place but your body still moves forward. Most people have mild whiplash in even minor accidents.
- Cuts and Scrapes: There are many things that you can hurt yourself on during a car accident. You can hit the windshield or even cut yourself on the metal frame of the car. Any loose items in your car become projectiles so you could be impaled by pens and pencils. These cuts and scrapes can be extremely painful and are at risk of infection.
- Head Injuries: Having a brain injury can cause complications for the rest of your life. We always recommend that you go see a medical professional following an accident, in case you have trauma that isn’t visible. You may feel fine, but you could have a concussion. If you have a concussion you can’t go to sleep immediately after your accident and you need to be monitored.
- Broken Ribs: Ribs are more fragile than you think, and it’s easy to have fractured ribs in an accident. You could suffer from broken ribs that aren’t even bruised. There’s nothing you can do for this injury other than resting.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones can occur even when the seatbelt is properly used. Some of the most common broken bones are arms, shoulders, hips, and legs. Breaks can be very painful, and they can occur in any type of accident.
- Internal Bleeding: This is one of the scariest injuries because you might not even know you have it. Many people are in automobile accidents and choose not to go to the hospital. However, they have complications later because of internal bleeding. We also recommend getting checked out by a medical professional in any situation. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Back Injuries: You can sustain spinal cord injuries that are minor to severe. You might have some aches and pains, or you could be paralyzed for the rest of your life. Herniated discs can also be incredibly painful.
- Knee Injuries: If you drive super close to the steering wheel, you can find that your knee ends up in the dash in an accident. You could need surgery, braces, or a cast. This can greatly impact your mobility and your ability to work.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Not every injury is physical, and PTSD is a real injury from car accident. You might not be able to function in your life because of the PTSD from your car accident. If you have a diminished quality of life, you deserve to be compensated.
These injuries all vary in severity, but they’re all injuries you should never have in the first place. As a victim of a car accident, the negligent party is responsible for covering any of your injuries that no-fault coverage won’t compensate. If your insurance payment doesn’t cover all your needs, you will need to file a personal injury lawsuit. Thankfully, an experienced New York City car accident attorney can handle all of these details.
What is no-fault coverage?
New York is one of the few states that has a no-fault law regarding car accidents. When you are involved in a car accident, regardless of who is at fault, you need to contact your car insurance company first. You will go through your no-fault coverage and then seek any additional damages through a personal injury lawsuit. You must prove that the other party was negligent to have any case for a lawsuit. You also need to know that New York is a comparative fault state. So, if you have any fault in your accident you could receive a lower settlement. Hiring an experienced Murray Hill car accident attorney will help build your case and will attempt to reduce your liability (if any) in the accident so that you will be able to achieve the maximum settlement possible.
Hire someone invested in your case
Michael J. Redenburg Esq, P.C. is an experienced NYC car accident attorney that has handled car accident cases all over New York City. He has a lower caseload so that you get personal attention in your case. If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident, contact us today. It’s never too early to start building your case.