If you’ve driven around the Lower Eastside lately, you know that traffic is constant. Between tourists and commuters, you can sit bumper to bumper for hours. With so many travelers on our roadways, accidents are a common problem. Statistics show that in 2018 there were 800 accidents a day in New York City. That number feels astronomical and shows you how easy it can be for you to be involved in an accident. Michael Redenburg is a top Lower Eastside car accident lawyer that has practiced personal injury law all over the city. He has spent the last decade winning car accident settlements for his clients, and he’ll do it for you. Contact us today to set up an appointment to discuss the details of your case.
Do I need a car accident attorney?
This is a common question, especially after living with the fallout of a car accident. If you are in a minor accident that causes minimal damage to your vehicle and you are not injured, you may not need a NYC car accident attorney. You can file a claim for property damage done to your own vehicle with your insurance company. If you feel unsure about whether you do need a car accident attorney or not, we provide free consultations. You can come into the office and get advice from an experienced car accident attorney.
If you’ve been in a car accident that’s resulted in severe injuries or expensive bills, then you definitely need a NYC car accident attorney. If you choose to handle your case yourself you risk receiving a lowered settlement. Don’t gamble with your compensation when you need it to cover your losses.
Isn’t the insurance company there to help me?
Absolutely not. Insurance companies are businesses that care about profit and loss. If you file a claim against the insurance company which insured the at-fault party, they want to settle for the least amount possible. A lot of car accident victims try to negotiate with the insurance companies and don’t get a proper amount to cover all of their damages. You shouldn’t have debt from a car accident that wasn’t your fault, to begin with. We can represent you and talk to the insurance company for you, to ensure that you don’t get a low-ball offer.
Insurance companies will have an adjuster reach out to you to discuss your case. You don’t have to talk to them if you don’t want to, and you can tell the insurance company to contact your Lower Eastside car accident attorney. When an adjuster calls you, they have looked over your case and compared the details to past settlements. The adjuster will see what the average payout is and offer you a settlement around those statistics. Many victims accept this offer because they don’t know what else to do. Having an experienced Lower Eastside car accident attorney in your corner will give you the guidance you need to get the largest settlement. You shouldn’t have to stress over negotiating with insurance companies, and you should let us handle it instead.
What damages am I eligible to receive?
One of the first questions you’ll have is about your compensation. Having a car accident is traumatic and you’re left with expenses that need to be covered. We know that an adequate settlement can get your life back on track so we will try to recoup as much of your losses as possible. We can recover damages for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Physical therapy and rehab bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of potential earnings
- And wrongful death
The money will not erase the fact that you had an accident, but we know it can help you move forward. Hire an experienced NYC car accident attorney that can get you the compensation that you need to pay your bills, replace your property, and move on with your life.
What kind of evidence will you use?
Car accident cases require us to thoroughly research the scene of the accident. We are building a case that supports your version of the events. Even if you are not negligent in your accident, other involved parties could blame you for the accident. At the end of the day, it will be your word against theirs, unless we gather enough evidence to prove your case. Some of the evidence we collect includes:
- Police reports
- Medical bills
- Photos of the scene of the accident
- Witness testimony
- Video evidence
- Reports from insurance companies
- Accident reconstruction
We work hard to ensure that we strengthen your claim, which will increase your settlement. Being thorough collecting evidence can be the difference between winning and losing your case.
What are some common types of automobile accidents?
Although each situation is different, there are similarities in the causes of car accidents. Below are several types of car accidents that cause the most damage:
- Head-on collision: This accident occurs just like it sounds, two vehicles run into each other head first. Generally, the force of this accident can cause broken bones, spinal injuries, head trauma, internal injuries, and more. The most common scenario for a head-on collision is when one driver is driving down the wrong side of the road.
- Side-impact (T-Bone) collision: With this accident, the collision generally occurs in an intersection. Since the driver and passenger are very close to the point of impact, serious injuries will result. Some of the more common injuries are hip fractures, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, and damage to internal organs.
- Rollover Accidents: Just like the name, a vehicle rolls over during the accident. Vehicles that are higher off the ground have a higher chance of being involved in a rollover accident. Rollover accidents have a high percentage of fatalities, with almost 80% of rollover accidents resulting in death.
What are the different types of car accident injuries?
All injuries from car accidents will fall into two categories: Penetration injuries and Impact injuries.
- Penetration Injuries: These injuries are defined as lacerations, cuts, and punctures suffered by the victim. They can occur from broken glass or even metal from the car’s frame. In a car accident, items in the car can also turn into projectiles, so a broken glass coffee jar could cause some lacerations.
- Impact Injuries: These injuries occur when your body strikes the surface of the vehicle. For example, the impact of the accident causes your body to hit the steering wheel, windshield, or headrest. Some impact injuries can include brain damage, concussions, spinal cord injuries, crushed bones and more.
Every accident can result in a different set of injuries, and you have a case as long as you have significant damages. Don’t let a car accident ruin your life, contact us today to go over your options.
What types of personal injury cases do you focus on?
We have been handling car accident and other personal injury claims for over a decade. Some of these cases include:
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- DWI/DUI accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
We know what it takes to handle any vehicle-related accident successfully.
Hire someone that is going to fight for your needs
You don’t have to handle your case on your own. Depend on the experience of Michael J. Redenburg Esq. P.C. to effectively handle your case. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. You have no time to lose, act now!