Being involved in a car accident can be one of the most stressful events in your life. Most people are completely unprepared with the next steps to take. As an experienced Stuyvesant Town car accident lawyer, Michael Redenburg understands how traumatic your accident can be. Our clients always have similar questions, even if their car accidents are different. We offer free consultations so that you can have your questions answered before committing to a car accident attorney.
We do recommend that you hire a Manhattan car accident attorney if you have any substantial injuries or damages. Most victims of accidents think that they don’t need a Manhattan car accident attorney because their testimony will be enough to get them a settlement. However, insurance companies and other Manhattan car accident attorneys will prey on individuals without representation. It’s important that you have an expert that knows how to successfully handle car accident cases. Call our office today to schedule an appointment to discuss your case.
How do I know what damages to seek?
Another reason we suggest you hire a car accident attorney is to avoid questions like this. A car accident attorney has the education and experience to build a strong case encompassing many different types of damages. You could miss some of these areas if you try to build your case on your own. Once you accept a settlement, you can’t go back to amend your damages. So, it’s important to make sure you list all your damages initially. Your Manhattan car accident lawyer will handle all of this for you so that you don’t have to worry about any missed areas. Many victims will list their physical injuries but they won’t include any pain and suffering. Some of the most common damages we seek are:
- Medical bills in the future
- Property Damage
- Property Loss
- Pain and Suffering
- Rehab Bills not covered by no-fault
- Lost Wages
- Loss of potential future earnings
- Wrongful death
Do I need to talk to the New York insurance company?
We recommend that you let us talk to the insurance company for you. Some people think that the insurance company represents their best interests. This just isn’t the case. The insurance company is focused on their money before your needs. So, your Stuyvesant car accident lawyer is the only person that is really going to represent your interests.
When an insurance adjuster calls you, they already have a number to offer you. They will review your case and see the settlements that they have offered to similar injuries in the past. They are only allowed to offer you a settlement within a certain range of numbers. An experienced car accident attorney negotiates with insurance companies all the time. So, your car accident attorney will know what a proper settlement is. If the insurance company representative does call you, just tell them to call your car accident attorney.
How will you handle my Stuyvesant Car Accident case?
Michael Redenburg is different from other Stuyvesant car accident lawyers because he is personally invested in your case. We keep our caseloads small, so we don’t lose track of our clients. Some other Manhattan car accident lawyers take every case that they can, even if they don’t have the time to give them their best effort.
We also handle your car accident case on a contingency fee basis. If you don’t win a settlement, then we don’t get paid. We are devoted to your needs from the minute that you enter our office for a consultation. You deserve to have someone that is going to fight for your case every step of the way.
We will also build a strong case through evidence collection. It’s our mission to reduce the amount of responsibility that you have in your accident. New York is a comparative fault state so you could miss out on a percentage of your settlement if you are found to be partially at fault. For example, if it’s determined that you have 30% fault in your accident, you will only receive 70% of your settlement.
What are the different types of evidence that you collect?
It is our job to gather evidence to support your version of the car accident. There have been multiple cases in the past where the negligent driver blames the victim. If there are no witnesses, we need to research the accident and gather data through our resources. Most negligent drivers do not want to pay out a settlement, and it’s our job to make sure that they are held responsible.
Here are some of the most common types of evidence that we gather:
- Police Reports
- Photos of the scene of the accident
- Witness testimony
- Expert witness testimony
- Medical Bills
- Insurance Reports
- Video Evidence/Dashcam Footage
- Reconstruction of the accident
What types of Manhattan car accidents do you see in your cases?
Car accidents are the result of a variety of reasons. However, there are patterns and similarities. We know that most accidents can be avoided if people would just pay attention to the road and obey traffic laws. Some of the most common reasons accidents occur are:
- Distracted Driving: Everyone, at some point or another, has been guilty of distracted driving. The difference is that not everyone has an accident. When you’re driving down the road, singing to the radio, this is a mild version of distracted driving. You are focused on the music, more than you’re focused on the road. A lot of rear-end collisions occur during traffic because of distracted driving.
- Reckless Driving: When you drive down the road with no regard to other drivers or their safety, you are driving recklessly. Most people would be surprised to know that speeding is considered reckless driving. Drivers that speed are intentionally breaking the law, which could easily result in an accident. Other forms of reckless driving are road rage, driving aggressively, and weaving through traffic.
- DWI/DUI Driving: When a driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol gets behind the wheel of a car, they are jeopardizing the safety of every person on the road. This is technically a form of reckless driving, but it deserves its own category because of the number of fatalities associated with DUIs.
- Road Hazards: Sometimes, the city is at fault for your accident. If there is a road missing proper signage that causes your accident, then the city could be liable. The same is true for potholes and other road hazards.
- Defective Parts: Also, your car’s manufacturer could have placed a defective part in your vehicle. If we can prove that they were responsible for the cause of your accident, then you could be in line for a huge settlement.
Don’t risk your settlement with ineffective counsel in Manhattan
Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C. is one of the top Manhattan car accident lawyers in the city because of the dedication he has to his clients. He is prepared to fight for your needs every step of the way. If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident, contact our offices today for your free consultation!